Saturday, July 28, 2007

Obedience

"All that Yahweh said we shall do and obey."
Exodus 24:7

This is an excerpt from Didache:
I like the way people in the Old testament saw everything in black and white. Good or bad. Life or death. Obedience and disobedience. Whatever God wanted them to do, it was either they followed it or not.

Right now it's hard to decipher what God wants me to do. Sometimes I wish He'd stop talking in codes and just tell me outright what He wants so I wouldn't be worried about being disobedient.

But then again, maybe God stopped giving me outright signs so that I would take time to seek His will. Maybe it's because He wants me to grow in Him, to know Him better. Maybe he stopped giving these signs so that I would obey Him with my heart, not just because I heard Him say what I should do. I'm pretty sure He hasn't stopped giving instructions yet - He just wants me to seek for it with my heart. Tina M.

DIDACHE (dee-da-ke) - the Greek word for teaching.
- is a quarterly Catholic Daily Bible Reflection Guide. It wishes to encourage the use of Sacred Scriptures among Catholics. It also wishes to reach the entire Christian people.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Free counters!