Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gotta Keep Breathing

Castaway.

We both had done the math. 
Kelly added it all up and... knew she had to let me go. 
I added it up, and knew that I had... lost her. 'cos I was never gonna get off that island. 
I was gonna die there, totally alone. 
I was gonna get sick, or get injured or something. 
The only choice I had, the only thing I could control was when, and how, and where it was going to happen. 
So... I made a rope and I went up to the summit, to hang myself. 
I had to test it, you know? Of course. You know me. 
And the weight of the log, snapped the limb of the tree, so I-I - , I couldn't even kill myself the way I wanted to. 
I had power over *nothing*. 
And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket.
 I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. 
Somehow.
 I had to keep breathing.
 Even though there was no reason to hope. 
And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. 
So that's what I did. I stayed alive. 
I kept breathing. 
And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. 
And now, here I am. 
I'm back. In Memphis, talking to you.
 I have ice in my glass...
 And I've lost her all over again. 
I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly. 
But I'm so grateful that she was with me on that island. 
And I know what I have to do now.
 I gotta keep breathing. 
Because tomorrow the sun will rise. 
Who knows what the tide could bring?

 


You are my Wilson.
You kept me alive, mornyt.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Free counters!