Monday, August 20, 2012

A Time For Everything

Believe.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

  There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

I wasn't so sure of how long have I've been in total blankness upon reading this on a parish newsletter. I wasn't reflecting on it, but it did made my world stopped.
I must admit I'm one of those people who keep on pushing things to go through even if it needs some "waiting".
When I was a kid, I wished to grow up fast only for one reason I don't want to sleep in the afternoon (you remember, when your parents force you to sleep in the afternoon and they tell you it'll make you grow faster), because I love watching old Kung Fu movies on Channel 9, from 1-3pm during weekdays.
During my teenage years, my father stopped working abroad. He became the villain in my life. He set me curfews (9pm), limit phone calls to 5mins, (no telebabad specially with boys), of course, no suitors allowed yet. But I don't have to sleep all afternoon. Now, I wished to be 18 in a snap.
College days, were uhmmm not so worst, but I have to post my school schedule so my father will know what time should I be home. My curfew was now 10pm. (I'm happy with that!). I'm still not allowed to go out with boys, so most of the time, I asked my friends to just hang out in my place (That's why my parents know every single college friend I hang out with). Hence, I wished to be working and be independent.
Fast forward.
I am now working and independent. But I didn't get to grow up fast, be 18 in a snap or get a job in an instant. Everything formed and developed in it's own phase, in it's own plotted time. 
God is the architect and the engineer and He holds the masterplan of our lives. He has it's own time-frame of when to start and when it'll be finished.
My world stopped, because it has to. I kept on pushing and pulling time to get things done my way. So hard that I no longer listen to what my inner self is saying. I was desperate for results, for immediate results. I was impatient.

A Time For Everything... it dawned on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Free counters!