Friday, November 11, 2011

AU, Home?

I was just chatting with my friend, Melay
when she asked me,
" Do u feel ba na home mo na rin ang australia?"

Honestly, I couldn't give her a simple-straight yes or no answer.

Being here is my biggest blessing, my biggest challenge and the biggest risk I took.

I consider, Bataan being my second home. I spent 8 years of my life there. I grew. I mature. I learned. I love. I fall. I love again. I fall again. I love love again. I fall fall again (tigas kase ng ulo!). All in Bataan.

But just like in all homes, a family member goes away. To get married. To seek for self identity. To be on their own. To build their own future.

I went away. Not to get married, obviously.

Australia, promises nothing to me, except for the opportunity for growth and better future. And I am embracing that.

It is an overwhelming first year. Going through an emotional roller-coaster. Being in a foreign land. Miles away from home. Without you. It is indeed draining for me. Yet, a blessing!


I am here, my biggest blessing, my biggest challenge and the biggest risk I took.

Australia, you are a home to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Free counters!