Friday, September 12, 2008

Tita, Ma, Nanay or what?

Q: You know what is my greatest dilemma on my current romantic relationship?
A: How to address his parents...

Sure, it's easy to say call them Tito or Tita, Ma or Nay or Ma'am or Sir... but Gosh! don't push me so hard to take it easy...

I have no problem dealing with the parents of my friends especially the closest... in fact, whenever there's an outing or gimik, their parents would always ask them, "Sino kasama?kasama ba si Au?". And when they say 'yes', no further questions... and they will be allowed to go. Or my friends will ask me to talk to their parents personally to have their permission... and that's what I call sure easy thing to do.

You see, I call my friends parents, Nay and Tay. So, when it comes to my boyfriends' parents, there's this awkward feeling of calling them Nanay and Tatay... right away... I even ask for my friends opinion on what to call them but it didn't help much... thay say, I have to figure it out on my own and we just chuckle all about it...

Geezzz! if there is one thing that really got me twisted over my realtionship, this is it! The pressure to be just natural and be myself with them and that my politeness will not be so overly showing... hahaha! it is all sweat and truly hardwork!!! and my confidence is in low level alarm...

And So... help me God!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Free counters!